• The designated home team shall wear light colored uniforms. The designated visiting team shall wear dark colored uniforms. Teams should bring both sets of uniforms.
• The home team is listed second on the schedule, and the visiting team is listed first.
• It will be the referee’s discretion to determine the safety and suitability of player equipment including the wearing of a brace. Casts are allowed if a note is provided by the doctor clearing the player to play. Non-resilient foam should be wrapped around the cast, and then covered by an ace bandage. Please check with the officials prior to the game!
Coaches must be dressed appropriately. No flip flops or bare feet.
A warning siren will sound in the event of any inclement weather that could delay or postpone a game. Immediately evacuate the field and take shelter in an appropriate area.
• Each team will be checked in by the field marshal with the roster and player cards before each game. Please note that SYL staff has verified the player cards during check-in.
• The captains will be called to the middle of the field by the referees for the coin toss.
• Team will be allotted a minimum of 20 minutes to warm up on the game fields, if available.
• All matches must kick off no later than five (5) minutes past their listed start times.
Win is 3 points, tie is 1 point, loss is 0 points.
If two or more teams tie with the same amount of points, the following tiebreakers will be used:
2. Total Wins
3. Goal Differential
4. Goals Scored
5. FIFA Fair Play
6. FIFA Kicks from the Mark
• Area for spectators will include the opposite sideline from the teams.
• No spectators will be allowed on the same side as the team benches, end lines or behind the goals.
• Should any player be suspected of sustaining a head injury they must be immediately removed from the match and seen by appropriate medical staff on site.
• Only properly trained medical staff can clear a player to resume play.
The top team from each group (A, B, C, and D) will advance to the semifinals. They will be seeded as #1, #2, #3, #4 based on their total points in group play. Tiebreakers will apply, as needed. Seeding will be subject to the seed determination protocols for the North American Finals.
The top team from each group (A, B, and C) will advance to the semifinals. The team with the NHPPG between the three groups will also advance. They will be seeded as #1, #2, #3, #4 based on their total points in group play. Tiebreakers will apply, as needed. Seeding will be subject to the seed determination protocols for the North American Finals.
The top two teams from each group (A and B) will advance to the semifinals. They will be seeded as #1, #2, #3, #4 based on their total points in group play. Tiebreakers will apply, as needed. Seeding will be subject to the seed determination protocols for the North American Finals.
The field marshal will be responsible for tracking all of the statistics for the match.
|Age||Game Length||Halftime Length|
|U13||2 x 35 minutes||12 minutes|
|U14 & U15||2 x 35 minutes||12 minutes|
|U16/17||2 x 40 minutes||12 minutes|
|U18/19||2 x 45 minutes||12 minutes|
• Inside the designated bench area, only the 18 players participating in the game, along with three (3) non-playing personnel are allowed. The three non-playing personnel must have passes, otherwise they will be asked to leave.
• Any other team personnel or players shall remain on the spectator sidelines.
• No exceptions.
• Substitutes must wait at half field before entering the field of play.
• He or she must state to the referee what number he or she is replacing.
• The player may not enter the field without the permission of the referee.
• A team may have no more than 18 players eligible for games.
• U15-U18/19 Age Groups - A player may be substituted once in the first half. Once the player has been substituted, the player may not re-enter the match until the second half. Once a player is substituted in the second half, they may re-enter ONCE more.
If a match continues into overtime, the overtime period must start with the players that completed the second half of the match. Each team may have a maximum of three (3) substitutions over the duration of the 20 minute overtime period. The three (3) substitutions may contain players that were substituted in the first or second half of the match. A player that is substituted during overtime may not re-enter the match.
For age groups U13 and U14, unlimited substitutions are permitted throughout regulation and overtime play.
• Overtime will be used in the semifinal and final matches only.
• Overtime will consist of two (2) 10-minute overtime periods. *No golden goal or sudden death.
• Penalty kicks (best of five) will determine the winner if the match remains tied at the completion of overtime.
• Only the players who finished the overtime period can take a penalty kick.
• Any player/coach that is sent off in a match is required to be escorted from the field. The field marshal will radio the Ops Tent, and a SYL staff member will escort the player from the sidelines to the outside of the designated field area.
• If a player/coach is to be suspended for a match, there will be a notation on the match folder indicating that the player/coach is to be suspended for that match. Please verify that this player/coach does not participate and that a suspended player is dressed in street clothes. Suspended players are permitted to be on the bench in street clothes, if they do not exceed the 18 player limit. If a suspended player/coach participate in a match in which they are suspended, their team is to forfeit that match.
• Three (3) yellow cards to an individual player during group play will result in a one game suspension.
• Two cautions followed by red will result in player suspension for the remainder of the match as well as for the following match.
• The league staff will review straight send-offs. Pending the reason for the send-off, a player shall serve the minimum of a one game suspension. In the event of serious foul play, violent conduct, referee assault or referee abuse, a player/coach may be suspended for more than one match by the league.
• Yellow cards are erased after group play and players start clean in the next round. Should a player receive his/her third yellow card on the last game of group play and advance to the next round, the player will have to serve the suspension on the next game.